Temple of Apollo
Breclav • Lichtensteins' sights • Viewpoints
Liechtenstein building with a view
About the place
The Temple of Apollo was built in 1819 in the Empire style. Its distinctive feature is the ten Doric columns, behind which is hidden a relief of the god Apollo on a sun chariot. In recent years, the temple was renovated in 2007. The interiors - an observation deck with a telescope - are open to the public on request at any time of the year, otherwise without an appointment during set hours. After an easy climb to the terrace, other Liechtenstein minor monuments, or so-called salettes, can be seen.
Entry with dogs
Entry with baby carriages
Take advantage of the great opportunity to look out from the Temple of Apollo over the ponds of Lednice during a beautiful orange sunset on a warm summer evening. Such a dose of romance is enhanced by the view of other Liechtenstein monuments that can be seen in the surrounding area, which are placed in a kind of line that, when connected on a map, forms a diamond shape.
The Temple of Apollo is easily accessible by car, bicycle and public transport. However, the access road is a bit bumpy. If you want to take a stroller, consider it. There is a car park with stalls next to the campsite, so arriving by car is not a problem. There is also a bus stop next to it, Lednice, Apollo, where bus line 570 runs. The monument is located on the yellow trail.
On the way to the viewing terrace of the Temple of Apollo, there is an exhibition about the history of the temple, including period photographs and archival records.
Nový dvůr 196
690 06 Břeclav